Monday, April 7, 2014

African Daily Life

So, I realized that I have been severely neglecting posting on my blog, and on facebook about our life here.  I have also been noticing all of these people posting about "100 Happy Days" or "100 miles" or something similar.  So, I have decided to post about my "African Days."  I don't think I will make it to 100, but I thought it might be interesting for people to see some things about my daily life.  So, here goes . . .

DAY 1:
 Meet Norris,  she is a student at African Bible College.  She is studying to be a teacher.  She is 35 years old, and has 2 biological children.  She also has 2 orphans that live in her home.  The orphans are a bit older and helping to watch after her kids while she is in school.  She is currently a sophomore in college, and she makes excellent grades and works very hard.  She participates is tons of extra outreaches to the prison, at the elementary school, in the villages, with the choir, and she is on the net ball team as well.  This semester she came and asked if she could work for me to earn extra money to pay her school fees.  She is one of the hardest workers I know, and it has been wonderful having her in my house every afternoon.  She is still short on her school fees though, so she is trying to make it up through selling blankets over Easter break.  If you would like to help Norris reach her goals of teaching, please let me know!
 This is our gardener, Sacrendrella.  He doesn't speak English very well, but he works very hard and always has a smile on his face.  He also loves to sing, and is actually a soprano!  It is astonishing to me all the time, and it is wonderful to listen to him sing as he faithfully works.
 This is one of the carrots that was grown in my backyard.  I went outside to look at the garden yesterday, and decided to pull one up.  I got this dancing carrot that had arms and legs.
This week is Gospel Emphasis week at school.  I helped to work on interactive lessons for this week.  In this picture, the kids are trying to scrub my dirty shirt clean.  Of course they were unsuccessful, but that was used to illustrate that in our sins, no matter how hard we try to do good, we can't get rid of them.  We can only get rid of them through the sacrifice of our Lord.

Okay, I hope you had a wonderful day as well.  Love from Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment